Product Design/Product Design Engineer
Location: Fox UK Headquarters, Brentwood, Essex.
Job Level: Graduate Design Position
Field: Product Design/Product Design Engineer
Job Functions: 3D Modelling & CAD, Design, Engineering, Product Development, Project Management
Salary: Dependent on experience
We are looking for a new member to join our in house design and development team here in the UK. Fox International is a leading European fishing tackle business and we now currently sell well in excess of 3,000 products in over 30 countries, including the USA, Japan and Russia.
Candidates must have a Bachelors or Masters degree in product design or a closely related field and will need to enjoy a variety of work following their projects through from conception to production.
You will need good sketching and rendering skills, and you must be well versed in 2D and 3D software, displaying a great understanding of 3D forms, aesthecs and graphical layouts. You need to have more than just a CV to show us, we need to see a portfolio of work that truly expresses your mastery of design.
An active interest in fishing is also highly desirable but not essential.
- Strong formal design ability including 2D and 3D product development. This candidate should possess conceptual visualisation skills that demonstrate a unique and varied approach to product development.
- Must be a collaborator and have clear communication with the design team and consultants.
- Strong digital skills with 3D Design tools including Solidworks, and the 2D programs Photoshop and Illustrator.
- The ability to manage your own projects, liaise with suppliers, control costings and meet deadlines.
- Take your designs all the way from concept through to production.
- A good understanding of injection moulding and related processes and a solid basic understanding of other manufacturing methods and processes including fabrication, various finishing processes, die casting, fastening, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of 3D printing techniques and uses is highly desirable.
- A broad and active knowledge on new materials and manufacturing techniques.
Our current range of products can be seen at www.foxint.com, www.fishmatrix.co.uk, www.foxrage.com and www.salmo-fishing.com. If you’d like to work in an exciting and enthusiastic team please get in contact.
You can e-mail a CV and mini portfolio to: email@example.com no e-mails over 20Mb please. Alternatively please send a CV and mini portfolio through to the following address:
1 Myrtle Road